Monday, December 26, 2005

The Peabody Ducks

Peabody DucksHappy Holidays to everyone, by the way. I hope you're all as fat and happy as I've become these past few days. I've been in KC visiting my folks, getting ready to head back to Colorado tomorrow on the 10-hour drive. Not much birding lately, although I did see a nice Carolina Wren on my mother's back deck, presumably the same bird I saw here last summer.

During dinner tonight I learned the story of the Peabody Ducks, from my mother who herself heard the story on recent trip to Memphis, Tennessee. It's a funny thing, I think, just in that it sorta goes to show how bemused we humans can be when seeing birds (in this case, ducks which are already rather comical) do what we do. Check it out.


tags:

1 comment:

Gwyn Calvetti said...

Eric, Gotta love a story like that one. I'm wondering if you'd be willing to let me link it in the next "I and the Bird" blog carnival I'm hosting. It is actually the perfect kind of story to fit into my presentation.
You can email me at--
rcalvettijr@centurytel.net