Friday, December 16, 2005

On the Road

Live from the Super 8 in Florida City...a little mid-trip update. We're having a great time, and although this isn't really a birding trip, I do manage to sneak in a fair amount of bird photography. From earlier today, at Bahia Honda State Park halfway down the Florida Keys, is this shot of a Great White Heron hanging out on an old seawall. Note the thick light-colored legs and the particularly heavy-set bill. Kudos to my wife Cindy for spotting the bird for me, as I was somehow oblivious to it as we were walking along the old Bahia Honda bridge way above the bird.

I also have some nice shots of Magnificent Frigatebird, Common Ground Dove, Eurasian Collared-Dove, and Wood Stork, which I may post at some later time. Tomorrow we're off to Shark Valley and a bicycle ride around the big loop there.


tags:

No comments: